Daily Franchise News
The Definitive Blog of the Franchise World
Yes, it is the day of texting, LinkedIn, reaching out and touching someone, but only electronically.
According to some of the greatest sales pros in the franchise community, there is still no replacing the good old trade show. MFV Expositions, the producers of International Franchise Expos all over the world, are hosting yet another one at the Javits Center in New York City June 18-20th. Here are tips from some of the top trade show veterans in franchising:
- Tom Wood-President of Floor Coverings International-Booth 715. "There is no substitute for the value of trade shows and meeting someone face to face. A handshake and a person-to-person discussion beats an email every time." www.flooring-franchise.com/
- Peter Barkman-Vice President of Franchise Development for CertPro Painters-Booth 106. "We are looking for executive level business professionals. It's best to vet those people in person than over phone or email." www.ownacertapro.com
- Michael Peterson-Director of Franchise Development at Liquid Capital-Booth 1005. "These shows work if you work them! They are truly the only place where you can get face time with 15,000 or more entrepreneurs." www.lcfranchise.com
- Brian Wieters-Vice President of Franchise Recruitment for Pillar To Post Home Inspectors-Booth 540. "The face to face interaction has taken on more of a key role in our technologically driven world. It builds the trust necessary to be a successful franchise recruiter."
- Nick Bruckner-Senior Vice President of Sales for Signarama, Booth 632, a 900-unit chain that is the linchpin of giant United Franchise Group, known as the Trade Show Kings, sums it up pretty well. He will be present and helping with UFG brands such as EmbroidMe-Booth 932, SuperGreen Solutions Booth 231, Transworld Business Advisors, Booth 769 and new powerhouse Experimac, Booth 833. Says Bruckner, "People buy from people they like. You can't know if you like a person you have never met."
Main Line Philadelphia CertaPro Owner Chris Drucquer
The home of the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York is over 200 miles away from Chris Drucquer’s Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania CertaPro Painters. Given Drucquer’s impressive collection of awards, his entrepreneurial batting average is as impressive as any baseball player’s–and earned without any performance enhancers to boot! It might be high time to open a CertaPro Hall of Fame and Chris Drucquer would be in the inaugural class for sure.
A father of seven, Drucquer’s accolades are all the more impressive given the demands he must meet as a proud dad. Below are just a few of the commendations Drucquer’s CertaPro Painters locations have received in the last few years of serving the Ardmore, Bala, Broomall, Bryn Mawr, Gladwyne, Haverford, Havertown, Manayunk, Merion, Merion Station, Narberth, Newtown Square, Penn Valley, Penn Wynne, Radnor, Rosemont, Villanova, and Wynnewood areas.
On January 7, 2012 Drucquer was named Franchisee of the Year from CertaPro—among more than 350 franchisees—based on his locations’ growth, profit, and overall customer satisfaction, as well as the Quantum Leap award for franchise growth.
In January 2014, Drucquer’s CertaPro was named Best of HOUZZ for its tremendous customer service. In June of 2014, Drucquer’s CertaPro was named Best of the Main Line in the category of painting businesses. In August, Drucquer was named on the Philly 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing businesses in Greater Philadelphia.
Chris Drucquer (third from the right) at the Philadelphia 100 award ceremony
Now, not even a month into 2015, Drucquer is already adding additional awards to his repertoire. This month Drucquer has been named CertaPro Painters’ People Grower of the Year, in recognition of his efforts to help people within the business, Brand Champion, for growing the CertaPro brand, and Crew of the Year, beating out 3,500 other crews for the distinction. Drucquer’s CertaPro Painters has also received the Best of HOUZZ award for its customer service record for the second consecutive year and is due to receive the Angie's List Super Service Award for interior and exterior painting in February.
Chris Drucquer with his award-winning CertaPro crew
Founded in 1991—the year CertaPro Painters became a franchise—Chris Drucquer and his crew at CertaPro deserve the recognition and stand as true All-Stars of the franchisee community.
For more information on franchising with CertaPro Painters, the largest residential and commercial painting company in North America, visit http://certapro-franchise.com/.